Tanks and containers, like single tanks, large tanks, pre-, intermediate, final product, agitated and reaction vessels, different kinds of the centrifuges and decanters and many further process tanks and container must be inertized. This inertization is operated usually at pressure conditions close to the ambient pressure, so that the containers are often exposed only to small pressure loads.
So the pressure regulators for inerting applications require large diaphragms, because the closing or opening forces for the Regulators must be produced by relatively low pressure. The three most important reasons for the inerting are:
- Explosion protection and possible new defining of ex-zones into less critical zones
- Product protection, particularly by exclusion of oxygen and/or air humidity
- Environmental protection, because the frequently used chemicals or the chemical process in relation to the environment to be led safe have no critical products or chemicals which can lead to damages
The inert gas is to rinse the existing gas out of the tank as best as possible. Therefore they are in particularly large, slim and long tanks and the regulator for blanketing supply gas and the back pressure regulator should stay apart as far as possible.
- Storage tanks
- Production tanks for chemicals, basic materials, intermediate or final products
- Chemical reactors like agitated tanks, reaction boiler, centrifuges, decanter, filter presses, distillation columns
System for Sterile Applications
Safe Sterlisation Instrum® Stainless Steel Pressure Regulator
When blanketing in sterile areas further design features are required in addition to the high, electropolished surface quality and the materials required especially for the food and pharmaceutical industries. INSTRUM® stainless steel pressure regulators offer GMP-compliant design to minimize or eliminate germinated zones.
Tank Blanketing system
Overpressure and Vacuum protection in tanks and tank storage
One understands the combinations of valves under the Tank blanketing system, which are used especially for langer tanks and tank storage to protect against unacceptable pressure and vacumm situations and also inertiate if necessary.The structural protection against impermissible overpressure or vacuum in these cases usually implemented with weight-loaded valve systems, s.a. Overpressure and Vacuum protection.