The field transmitters of the COMBIMASS® eco series are suitable for gas flow measurement and cover a wide range of different applications. The flow transmitters apply thermal dispersion technology in order to measure directly in dry gases the standard volumetric or gas mass flow according to DIN1343, regardless of the operating pressure and temperature of the medium.
The instruments can be employed for process temperatures up to 220°C and are available in explosion proof versions.
COMBIMASS(R) convert transmits all data to the main PLC using all common types of communication.
- Thermal flow meter for direct measurement of normal volumetric or gas mass flows in dry gases)
- Flow rate measurement unaffected by pressure and temperature fluctuations
- for gas temperatures up to 220°C and gas pressure up to 63 bar
- Pressure-proof dual compartment stainless steel enclosure
- sensor (in contact with the gas) is made from high-grade stainless steel, as an option also in hastelloy, Tantal or others
- Compact, rugged, reliable, low maintenance, corrosion-resistant
- Easy to install and service
- Expandable due to modular design
- Ex de (Zone 1) / Ex ia (Zone 0) optionally available
The field transmitters of the COMBIMASS® eco series are suitable for gas flow measurement and cover a wide range of different applications. The instruments can be employed for process temperatures up to 220°C and are available in explosion proof versions. The flow transmitters apply thermal dispersion technology in order to measure directly in dry gases the standard volumetric or gas mass flow according to DIN 1343, regardless of the operating pressure and temperature of the medium.
All units of the COMBIMASS® series are characterized by high-performance digital signal processing. Important features of the transmitter electronics for the purposes of practical operation are the temperature compensation and the opportunity to select different measuring modes (choice between constant current or constant temperature principle).
The electronics of the COMBIMASS® eco is located in a compression-proof dual compartment stainless steel enclosure. Optionally a 8 digits LED display with control panel is available for indication of actual flow rate or totalized flow as well as for field programming of the flow meter.
The sensor which is in contact with the gas is made of a high-grade stainless steel (316 TI). If the gas is especially coroosive, alternative available materials are Hastelloy, Inconel, Titan, Tantal or further materials on request.
For transmission of the flow signal an isolated 4-20 mA analog output as well as a field selectable pulse output are available.
As an option to the 4-20 mA analog output signal can be transmitted via Modbus RTU. HART is available as an option too, which uses the 4-20 mA wiring for easy adjustment of parameter during start-up or operation, if required.
As an option to the integrated display, the field housing COMBIMASS(R) convert with graphic display can be supplied for wall or stand assembly. Several flow and other process sensors can be connected to one field housing.
For intrinsically safe operation a dedicated process interface module has been developed for the power supply of the flow transmitter. In such a case, the signal output is done via an I/O module installed downstream of the process interface module.
The circuitry of the process interface module and the I/O module is located in a top DIN-rail housing for easy switch cabinet assembly. Also an optionally available graphic display can be installed there.
Graphic display is configurated and deliverd customized. All measuring values can be displayed. For transmission of the signals all common types of communication are available.
The flow transmitter gets configurated individually according to the installation situation (pipe run), gas composition and measuring range. Each flow meter will get calibrated prior to shipment at our CAMASS® calibration Lab, simulating real pipe run and operation conditions. All flow meter have an integrated calibration reserve, which can be activated later on if required.
- Compressed air – flow rate measurement and balancing)
- Air and technical gases
- Combustion gases such as methane, propane, natural gas, etc.
- Exhaust air and waste gases
- Combustion air in incineration plants
- Biogas in sewage treatment, landfill and environmental installations
- Process gases
- Syngas from gasification plants, e.g. wood gasification
- Gases and gas mixtures of known composition
Service & Support
For more information, please contact us:
Falls Sie Fragen zum Produkt haben, bitte kontaktieren Sie uns:
Binder Engineering GmbH
Tel +49 731 96826-0